Specialism: Construction Management
Sector: Quantity Surveying
Job type: Permanent
Salary range: £50,000 - £74,999
Location: South East
We are a medium sized general building contractor based in Sutton, Surrey and are looking for a professional and experienced Estimator/QS.
The successful candidate needs to come from a construction background and ideally with both refurbishment and new build experience. As well as estimating, the role will involve quantity surveying duties post contract award. The ability to be flexible and work as part of a team are essential
- Log tenders onto data base
- Read through and carry out brief risk assessment and report to directors
- Send out subcontract enquiries
- Send out materials and specialist supplier enquiries
- Carry out take-off if required
- Price the works
- Carry out site visit
- Produce approximate programme
- Produce Logistics
- Assemble information for Tender Submission with risk assessment
- Provide tender analysis and report for Directors adjudication
- Provide Tender Qualification letter
- Submit tender
- Obtain results
- With Contracts Manager, provide support if tender goes live with subcontract buying, material buying etc.
- Carry out post contract duties –
- Site visits where required
- Sub, contract valuations and payment recommendations
- Cost/Value Variations
- Provide CVR’s
- Cash flow
- Note and provide letters for EoT
- Claims for L&E and/on EoT.
CIOB membership preferred but not essential.
Minimum 10 years’ experience within the industry and particularly of working for a medium sized building contractor rather than large multinationals.
Please apply to Anna Bataille at Ab@corniche-builders.co.uk
Recruiter information... small.medium construction contractor working on schools, churches. commercial and residential projects